CALL TO ACTION -- DAY OF PRAYER & FASTING - Saturday, May 31, 2008

California Christian News
In Partnership With
The James Hartline Report
Issues
A Call To Action!

Saturday - May 31, 2008
All Day of Prayer & Fasting
Focusing on the will of God being done
during the California Primary Election
that will occur on Tuesday - June 3, 2008

"Whatever is commanded by the God of heaven, let it be done with zeal for the
house of the God of heaven, so that there will not be wrath against the kingdom
of the king and his sons."
Ezra 7:23

To all of my dear friends across America, the Lord has moved upon me to issue a call to action for everyone that has been blessed by the various ministries of James Hartline. To the thousands of faithful readers of the James Hartline Report and the California Christian News, I am asking you to set aside Saturday - May 31, 2008 for an entire day of prayer and fasting.

I am asking that God's will would be accomplished during the June 3, 2008 California Primary Election. For the past year, I have been running for the San Diego City Council. When the Lord urged me to put my name in the race, the powers that control the political system in San Diego said that I would fail and give up. They mocked me and denegrated my efforts every step of the way. With the help of the Lord Jesus Christ, I have stayed the course and followed obediently the path that God has laid out before me. Not one time have I compromised my values or the Word of God to get a vote or to get money.

I am going to set aside the entire day of Saturday - May 31, 2008 to pray and fast before my God. Even though I need to go out and talk to voters and hand out campaign literature every day leading up to the election, I am sacrificing my political needs by putting God first on May 31st. Instead of campaigning on May 31, I will be praying and fasting.

When the ancient nation of Israel was coming out of 400 years of slavery and wandering in the wilderness, the Lord graciously began to bring His people back into the land promised to them by Jehovah. Awaiting them were many treacherous enemies. Ezra and Nehemiah were given the task of helping to rebuild the governmental structure of the Israelites after seventy years of captivity. They knew that without God's help they would not succeed. Indeed, they prayed and fasted, much like I am asking you to do on Saturday - May 31, 2008.

Ezra writes of those difficult times in his book that God orchestrated a successful reclamation of the land from their enemies. It was through prayer and fasting that such a victory was accomplished. Here is what is written in the Bible of Ezra's great plan given to him by God to re-establish the government of Israel:

"And you, Ezra, according to your God-given wisdom, set magistrates and judges
who may judge all the people who are in the region beyond the River, all such as
know the laws of your God; and teach those who do not know them."

"Blessed be the LORD, the God of our fathers, who has put {such a thing} as this in
the king's heart, to adorn the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem, and has
extended lovingkindness to me before the king and his counselors and before all the
king's mighty princes. Thus I was strengthened according to the hand of the LORD my
God upon me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me."
From Ezra, Chapter 7

Will you believe with me that God will grant us great miracles on June 3, 2008? Will you join me for an entire day of prayer and fasting on Saturday - May 31, 2008?

Like Ezra and Nehemiah, I will be seeking God through prayer and fasting that our God will send forth His victory on our behalf to reclaim San Diego, as well as the rest of this nation.

If you are in agreement to pray and fast on Saturday - May 31, 2008, will you send me a reply to this email?

God Bless You,
James Hartline, Candidate
San Diego City Council
Preparing For My Departure:
But Running My Race Until I Leave!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes why don't you just continue fasting until you die.

Popular posts from this blog

The Pink Connection - GOP Leaders Plotted Gay Infiltration Inside of San Diego Republican Party

Backstreet Boy Backstabs Christianity - Brian Littrell, America's Biggest "Christian" Hypocrite Mocks Christians at the 2010 San Francisco Gay Pride.

Today is World AIDS Day - I Am Free From Homosexuality While Homosexual Activists Continue To Glorify The Sin That is Leading Cause of AIDS in U. S.